14 Jun 7 Reasons your hotel should have a website adapted to mobile phones
In Spain there are already more than 15 million Smartphone users, which makes us one of the countries which relies the most on Smartphones, so… do you think your hotel should have a mobile phone adapted web page or an app to have a stronger presence on these devices? The answer is an unequivocal YES.
why does your hotel need a mobile version of its website? We’ll show you several reasons why your hotel should have a mobile version website?
1. To improve the user’s experience.
To browse from your smartphone on a web that is not adapted is complicated and slow, which leads to a high abandonment rate among users. A mobile phone adapted website makes it much easier and users can complete their booking with just a few simple clicks.
2. The increase of traffic from mobile phones.
Web traffic from mobile phones makes up more than half of all global web traffic. That means that users are much more likely to contact your hotel website from a smartphone than from a computer.
3. They use the device in the purchasing process
Besides looking for information with their Smartphones, users also buy and book with this device. It is a growing tendency so it should be a fast and easy process so that you can get a maximum number of bookings.
The advantage of a mobile device is its mobility–users can get information from anywhere. Mobile users can browse from their living room, the road or even within the same building.
5. Total E-commerce.
A web or mobile application set up for the hotel allows clients to make purchases during their stay (excursions, restaurants, leisure activities, etc) more easily and spontaneously.
7 reasons your hotel should have a mobile website
1. This year 2,230,000,000 people will regularly connect to the internet with a mobile phone
2. 32 % of worldwide hotel web access in December 2013 was with a mobile phone. In Latin America the numbers are rapidly increasing and today represent 24 %.
3. 1 out of 4 Smartphone users books a hotel with his phone when he plans a trip
4. The sales of tablets in South America increased by 171 % between the 2nd trimester of 2012 and the 2nd trimester of 2013
5. 21 % of people don’t return to a page when they try to look at it with a Smartphone and the page is not set up for Smartphones
6. Next year North Americans will spend 39,5 thousand million on travel booked with a mobile phone, They are the main tourists in Latin American countries.
7. 72 % of travelers say that the option to book a hotel through a mobile device is a good thing