11 Feb Instagram and Pinterest, the perfect social networks for your hotel
People have always loved taking pictures during their travels and holidays to share them with the people around them. Thanks to social networks this custom is more alive than ever and it is has become easier to share photos with more people and directly from your phone.
The proof of this is that in recent years photo centered social media networks like Pinterest and Instagram have become more important than others, which is great for hotels, as it gives them an excellent opportunity to better promote their services.
However, it is easy clear that few hotels are maximizing the marketing power of Instagram and Pinterest, most probably because they don’t know where to start and they don’t know how to go about it. This is definitely an important opportunity lost because hotels can benefit tremendously from this type of visual platforms.
Free Download : The Guide « How to double online reservations without depending on OTAs.
If this is the case for your hotel, and you do not know where to start, we have prepared a guide that is easy to understand and easy to implement for beginners:
5 TIPS FOR THE PINTEREST PROFILE OF YOUR HOTEL
1. Optimize your profile. Choose your logo as your profile picture on the website (160 × 165 pixels in size) to maintain brand consistency throughout all social media platforms. This will increase brand recognition. Remember that your social profile is your business card, and should include all pertinent hotel information (web, phone number, address, email..)
2. Define your different boards correctly. Pinterest lets you organize your photos on different boards. Sort the images by the different areas of the hotel, and possible subjects (events, services…) so that users can access the different parts of the hotel directly.
3. You have to be creative with your posts. Your Pinterest profile should contain new information and stories that can not be found on your website. This is the best way to show the hotel guests’ experiences during their stay. Use the opportunity to post different activities and show your hotel in a more realistic and descriptive manner.
4. Post continuously. As in most social networks constant maintaining of content is appreciated. The more you pin to your board and interact with your followers, the more your chances of being found increase while building user confidence. This helps generate new online reservations and increase brand recognition.
5. Measure your Pinterest activity. The Pinterest board allows business owners to see all their Pinterest traffic activity in an intuitive, clean and well laid out display. Finally, it is clear that Pinterest as a major social media platform can increase the effectiveness of your overall social media strategy.
Now that you know how you can use Pinterest to promote your hotel, it’s time to learn other tactics to promote your hotel among travelers on Instagram (active and potential customers).
5 TIPS FOR YOUR Hotel’s PROFILE ON INSTAGRAM:
1. Turn your images into works of digital art. When all is said, the difference between the rooms that you offer and your competitors’ is insignificant. They are practically identical. Instagram lets you add a creative angle to your rooms. For example, instead of saying that your rooms have great views of the city, you can take a picture of the sunrise from the window of a room.
Instagram lets you add filters and other effects to images, making them more interesting. Keeping in mind not to overdo it as you don’t want your guests to feel cheated.
2. Highlight the local attractions. Promoting your location and its available attractions is an indirect and effective way to promote your hotel. Establish a good partnership with the staff at known tourist attractions in your area and ask them to regularly send photos to publish on your Instagram account. This way everyone is happy.
Do you have Instagram? Follow us, post a picture with hotelcarlosbenidorm@hotelcarlos1 and we’ll reward you with a cocktail in our cafeteria.
Don’t forget to tag your photos. Instagram has a search feature for your potential customers using hashtags. Remember to tag your photos with relevant tags that assure you a lot of searches.
4. Encourage hotel guests to share photos on their profile. Clearly, getting your hotel guests to share pictures they took while on vacation or even while staying in your hotel will make your advertising more effective. You should encourage them to tag the hotel, and use relevant hashtags.
You can even make it fun for your followers to visit your Instagram account with contests. For example, for those who traveled with their family, you can ask them to post the best “family selfie” taken in your hotel. Encourage them with small incentives, or if you can afford it, with free hotel accommodations.
5. Share at least once a day. In fact, it’s even better if you can share more than once a day, especially if you are just starting. The more you share, the better. People don’t follow you on Instagram if you don’t upload new photos regularly.
Remember, Instagram and Pinterest are only part of your marketing strategy; you should also be present in other social media networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. All of these tips can be used immediately so there is no reason to wait.